Here are a list of a few great interview questions to ask when hiring staff for your agency. Always remember to ask open ended questions in order to get the most out of your interviews.
- What is important to you in a job?
- When you are under a lot of stress, what is your typical reaction?
- What motivates you the most?
- Have you ever made an error in judgment that you had to address with your employer? How did you handle it?
- What do you expect to find at this job that you don’t have in your current or last job?
- How do you measure your own success?
- What are two examples of tasks that you do not particularly enjoy doing?
- How were you motivated enough to complete those tasks?
- Tell me about your software skills – the programs you know and what you can do with them?
- Tell me about the best boss you ever had. Now tell me about the worst boss.
- What made it tough to work for him or her?
- Have you ever been in a situation where a document was returned due to errors? What effect did this have on you?
- If you took out a full-page ad in the newspaper and had to describe yourself in only 3 words, what would those words be?
- Have you ever had to resolve a conflict with a co-worker? How did you resolve it?
- What 3 words best describes your work habits?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What professional groups do you belong to that would benefit your ability to do the job you are applying for?
- What are a few of your greatest work related contributions/successes?
Have any great questions you have asked in the past that you would like to share? Please comment below